Many people believe it takes much work to approve Capital One credit cards. On the other hand, Capital One has a very strict approval process, and they check and confirm all the information you give them on your credit card application.
So, the best way to ensure your Capital One credit card application is accepted is to give them all the correct information they need. Are you not sure what information you need to apply for a Capital One credit card? This part will tell you everything you need to know.
- 1 Required Information to Apply for Capital One Credit Card
- 2 How Can I Check the Status of Capital One Credit Card Application?
- 3 When will I receive my Capital One credit card?
- 4 Is it possible to add an Authorized User to my Capital One Credit Card?
- 5 What Happens if I’m Rejected for a Capital One Credit Card?
Required Information to Apply for Capital One Credit Card
The information requested by Capital One on the credit card application form is detailed below.
- You may be asked to give your legal first name, legal last name, date of birth, SSN or ITIN, and proof that you are an American citizen.
- You should include your home address, ZIP code, city name, state name, email address, and primary phone number.
- You may be asked about your employment status, highest level of education, total annual income, monthly mortgage or rent, and any other bank accounts you may have. You may also be asked if you plan to use the credit card for cash advances if you are approved (this is an optional question that can be left blank).
- You must show proof of income, like a bank account or some other form of income proof.
How Can I Check the Status of Capital One Credit Card Application?
If you applied for the Capital One credit card over the phone or on the website, you should receive an initial update within a minute. The getmyoffer.capitalone.com status update may take some time if extra verification is required.
In such cases, you can contact the Capital One credit card support team at 1-800-903-9177 to inquire about your credit card application.
When will I receive my Capital One credit card?
It will take between 7 and 10 business days to get your Capital One credit card after your application gets approved. Your credit card will be sent to the address you gave when you applied. It will also come with a welcome kit with information about your credit card, like the approved credit limit and the steps needed to activate your new Capital One credit card.
Is it possible to add an Authorized User to my Capital One Credit Card?
Yes, you can add an authorized user to your Capital One credit card.
To do the same, log in to the official Capital One credit card site online by clicking here or dial the number printed on your credit card to contact the Capital One team with your request. You may only add an authorized user after accepting your Capital One credit card. Furthermore, you must be the primary and secondary cardholders on the credit card to add an authorized user.
If you’re using a business credit card, you must be registered as the business’s management to add an authorized user.
What Happens if I’m Rejected for a Capital One Credit Card?
After you submit your Capital One credit card application, the team has up to 10 business days to review and go through it. You will always get an email from the Capital One team about whether your credit card application was accepted.
In a private letter, they will also tell you why your credit card application was turned down. If your credit card application was turned down, you can read the private letter sent to you to find out why it was turned down.
So, when you apply for a Capital One credit card again, you must ensure that any condition(s) that caused your last application to be denied are met this time. If the secure message didn’t receive you via email, you can call the Capital One credit card team at 1-800-903-9177 and ask for a paper copy to be sent to you.